Mr. Wishart's Summer Recap

   I cannot believe that the summer is already over! This summer I spent a lot of my time in the United States. At the start of July I went to Whitefish for the fourth of July. This was my first fourth of July in the United States, and the abundance of fireworks was a sight to see. Camping in Whitefish was a highlight with the beautiful weather and the gorgeous lakes. However, the train that passed through the campground every forty-five minutes became considerably annoying.





    
    













     At the end of July myself and a friend drove to Oregon's coast. On the way there we stopped in Seattle where we visited the Gum Wall, the Space Needle, the Music Project Museum, and Pike Place Market. One thing is for certain: Driving in downtown Seattle in a large Suburban is madness!





     After Seattle we continued our trip to Oregon. We started our coast trip in Astoria which is a wonderful port city. As we drove down the coast we visited places like Cannon Beach, Newport etc. We saw many great sites and met some pretty cool people along the way as well. 



     On our way back to Canada we stayed Sandpoint which is a small city in Idaho. We stayed at a lovely campsite which was quiet and isolated away from the city. After our night at Sandpoint we 
made our way back to Canada. We stayed in Fernie for a night before heading back to Medicine Hat. 


     
     It is my second year of teaching here at CHHS, so the majority of my August has been spent in the classroom preparing for the upcoming school. Many teachers including myself have been working incredibly hard this summer creating our Community Nine and Media Literacy courses, and we are excited to see what this school year will bring. 

Comments

  1. super cool! I've been to Seattle and seen the gum wall it was pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go visit the museums in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer sounded really fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. dash'en summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you enjoyed your summer. I was also in Whitefish this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah super dash'en

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth is Out There...

Why Read? The Benefits of Reading.